Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Small Haul

Little known fact, I am obsessed with makeup. I spend too much money on it and it seems like I am always buying more.

Well recently I went to Sephora and bought a few things and also cashed in my 500+ points. Yes, I am a VIB. To be a Sephora VIB you have to spend a certain amount of money at Sephora per year, so that says a lot ..lol


I went in to Sephora wanting to get a new foundation because mine are way to pink or orange or just way off it color. For some reason my skin is way lighter now and now has sort of have a olive/yellow (lol) undertone. I went it knowing I wanted the knew Kat Von D  lock it powder foundation because I liked the Kat Von D liquid foundation a lot but it is currently the wrong color, way too orange. I got the powder foundation in the color light 48. I matched myself with help of my cousin because I don't trust the girls who work at the sephora I go to and the color was fine. I also decided to get the same color in the liquid foundation because like I said I went in wanting a newer foundation that matched. I decided to stick to a foundation I knew I already liked and was happy with. In the horribly lit store the color of the liquid foundation seemed to match perfectly. A couple days later I used the powder and it was the perfect color and coverage but the liquid was TOO light, made me pale! So I ended up taking the  Kat Von D lock it liquid foundation back and went to make to get my go to studio fix fluid and the mac girl matched me at NC20 which surprised me because the one I had that was too dark was NC35 and my powder was NC30... how did I get so light? what happened?!? lol. If you haven't tried the Kat Von D foundation you definitely need to try it! it is amazing if you are looking for a full coverage foundation. To be honest I have horrible skin, it is definitely some thing I am very self conscious about and this foundation makes my skin look great and it very long wearing. Doesn't transfer and I am also oily and it doesn't seem to "slide off" my face.   The powder is equally as good and very finely milled and feels nice and soft on the skin , it is definitely excessive if you use both like I do, but like I said I like the FULL coverage . I use either a damp beauty blender or a Sigma F80 or even sometimes  the Real Techniques expert face brush. I need to go back ASAP and purchase the Kat Von D liquid in the correct color. 

Kat Von D Lock-it Powder Foundation (Light 48) 
http://www.sephora.com/lock-it-powder-foundation-P380835

This is what the Lock-it tattoo foundation (liquid foundation) looks like, if you haven't tried it  recommend ithttp://www.sephora.com/lock-it-tattoo-foundation-P311138

MAC Studio Fix Fluid with SPF 15 (NC20)
 http://bit.ly/92a1XK
I also got a face cleansers from Peter Thomas Roth. The lady at Sephora pretty much sold it to me. She was offering me a small sample and was telling me how amazing the cleanser was and how it eliminating all the dead skin etc and that sounded appealing to me so I was like why not just add it to my bag. The cleanser is around $35.. pretty expensive for  a cleanser but it was pretty decent size and also after reading the bottle and all it had to over I thought I would give it a try plus I thought it would work well with my Clarisonic. 

Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging cleansing gelhttp://www.sephora.com/anti-aging-cleansing-gel-P39274

Sephora describes the cleanser as : A luxurious, antiaging facial cleansing gel that provides an exhilarating, peachy clean freshness for a beautiful, more youthful-looking complexion. 

What it is formulated to do:
Oil-free, anti-wrinkle technology helps to clarify and brighten with glycolic acid, salicylic acid, extracts of peach, white oak bark, lemon, lime, linden, grapefruit, and arginine. An advanced deep pore resurfacing action supports natural cell turnover to help diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging. It helps to effectively detoxify the pores, dissolve makeup, emulsify oil, and improve skin texture as it gently sweeps away dead skin cells and impurities that can make the complexion appear dull. Ideal for all skin types except sensitive skin, including dry, sun damaged, normal, combination, oily, and acne prone skin, this gel produces an ultraclean, refined, and revitalized complexion.

and all the research sold me :
Research results:
In a 4-week consumer efficacy study on 25 women: 
- 96% agreed their skin appeared brighter 
- 92% agreed they appeared more youthful 
- 88% agreed this product delivered anti aging benefits


Basically all this cleanser did was dry out my face (I used it for 4 days) and I was definitely allergic to it. I broke out in the  WORST hives all over my face and it was very uncomfortable. So the cleanser also went back to sephora for a refund! What I failed to see on the bottle is that on the front is clearly says NOT FOR SENSITIVE SKIN!


I also cashed in my 500+ points and got a little goody bag from tarte cosmetics! I was very happy with what I received :) 

My Tarte cosmetics goodies

Tarte-  emphasEYES amazonian clay waterproof liner in Greenhttp://www.sephora.com/emphaseyes-waterproof-clay-shadow-liner-P262304

Tarte- Amazonian Clay Finishing Powderhttp://www.sephora.com/smooth-operator-micronized-clay-finishing-powder-with-pm20-P266113

Tarte- Light, Camera, Lashes! 4-in-1 mascarahttp://www.sephora.com/lights-camera-lashes-P111902

Tarte- Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposedhttp://www.sephora.com/lights-camera-lashes-P111902


Tarte- Pure Maracuja Oilhttp://www.sephora.com/pure-maracuja-oil-P376726

This is the Tarte brush that came with the little tarte goody bag. Im not sure if you can buy it separately as I can't find it on the sephora website but I believe it comes with the waterproof shadow/eyeliner ( I could be wrong)




Everything I got from Tarte was amazing and the Pure Maracuja Oil is WONDERFUL. It is definitely moisturizing and doesn't leave a greasy feeling, I love it!






No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS